Are you running out of snack ideas?
Trying to keep children interested in meals can be a challenge. Below is a list of healthy snacks, often offered at our centres, that the children enjoy. Serve with a glass of milk for a filling & nutritious snack break!
TIP: This can be a good time to get your child involved in preparing their own personal snack basket for the day. They can select items they would enjoy & place in the fridge or on the counter where they can access it.
- Whole Wheat Mini Pitas with Cheese Curds or Cubes & Grape Tomatoes
- Cinnamon Snaps & Edamame
- Whole Wheat Apple Cinnamon Loaf & Vanilla Yogurt
- Whole Wheat Wrap with a Hard Boiled Egg
- Whole Grain Banana Cookie with Baby Carrots & Hummus
- Multi Grain Breadsticks with Hummus & Baby Carrots
- Banana Oatmeal Bar with Grape Tomatoes & Marble Cheese Cubes
- Whole Wheat Blueberry Bran Loaf & a Hard Boiled Egg
- Whole Grain Cereal Mix (trail mix) with Vanilla Yogurt
- Whole Wheat Maple Cookie & Cheese Curds or Cubes
- Soda Crackers with Marble Cheese Cubes & Snap Peas
- Spice Snaps & Strawberry Yogurt
- Spelt Lemon Mini Snaps & Cucumber Slices with Hummus
- Hard Boiled Egg & Whole Wheat Pita Pocket
- Autumn Harvest Crackers with Cheese Curds
- Multigrain Breadsticks with Guacamole & Cheddar Cheese Curds
- Whole Wheat Blueberry Currant Biscuit & Baby Carrots with Hummus
- Whole Wheat Lemon Chia Cookie & Vanilla Yogurt
- Whole Wheat Banana Loaf & a Hard Boiled Egg