Centres for Early Learning (CFEL) is currently seeking a Kitchen Coordinator to support in their kitchen at our Lori Gardens location. This is a permanent position for a duration of 5 hours per day.
CFEL Lori Gardens is located at: 2405 Finch Avenue West (Weston and Finch) in North York.
CFEL offers a well-rounded compensation package:
- Competitive Pay, plus PWE
- Health Benefits (medical and dental)
- Wellness and Vacation days
- Focused Training and Development – CFEL focuses on creating a fun and creative environment to inspire our educators to grow and excel. We go above and beyond the average child care centre! A few examples include: our annual in-house Learning Conference – paid time, and advancement opportunities with on-the-job training.
- Staff Recognition and Culture – We love our employees and make sure to take time to let them know we value and appreciate their efforts and initiative. We offer Wellness Activities, Smile Appreciation Day (in house employee appreciation), Child Care Worker Appreciation Day, and Employment Anniversary Celebrations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the management of the centre’s catered food service
- Ensure the maintenance of an organized, clean, and safe environment
- Knowledgeable and experience with infection control procedures
- Work in coordination with the Supervisor, catering company and other team members to ensure the food handling and the kitchen is running smoothly and according to regulations
- May be required to support in a cleaning or escorting role, if needed
- Aid in the classroom as an Early Childhood Assistant, as requested
- Provide supervision and guidance of daily activities, field trips, and special activities
- Perform observations, transitions and daily documentation
- Lead small and large groups of children
- Communicate regularly with parents regarding development of children
- Report any issues or concerns that may arise in accordance with proper procedures
- Incorporate the 4 foundations of learning – Belonging, Well-being, Engagement, Expression – into daily programming to ensure optimal learning and healthy development of the children
What You Bring to the Role:
- Food Handlers certification is required
- Comfortable with kitchen duties, allergy restrictions and food handling
- Confident and flexible in working with all age groups (Infants to School Age)
- Minimum of one year of experience in a Kitchen Coordinator role
- Minimum of two years caring for children within a child care centre
- Flexible availability from Monday to Friday between the hours of 7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Strong communication and leadership abilities and ability to work well in stressful environments
- Ability to manage children with challenging behaviours and communicate effectively with parents
- Ability to work well in a team environment and an openness to feedback
- A caring, nurturing, positive and energetic personality
Centres for Early Learning is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to employment equity and the provision of fair and accessible employment practices under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for job applicants, where needed and upon request, to support their full participation in all aspects of the recruitment process. We encourage candidates requiring any support or accommodation to notify us at the time of application to ensure the provision of equal opportunities.