Centres for Early Learning (CFEL) is currently seeking an Early Childhood Assistant (ECA) to support in their Jr. Infant Float classroom at our Palisades location. This is a permanent full-time position averaging 5 to 7.5 hours per day.
The centre is located in North York at Jane St. and San Romanoway. 15 San Romanoway, North York, ON M3N 2Y9.
Palisades offers a valuable compensation package:
- $16.53 per hour plus PWE.
- Health Benefits (medical and dental).
- Wellness and Vacation Days.
- Focused Training and Development – CFEL focuses on creating a fun and creative environment to inspire our educators to grow and excel. We go above and beyond the average child care centre! (i.e., annual in-house Learning conference – paid time, advancement opportunities with on-the-job training).
- Staff Recognition and Culture – We love our employees and make sure to take time to let them know we value and appreciate their efforts and initiative. Examples include Wellness Activities, Smile Appreciation Day (in house employee appreciation), Child Care Worker Appreciation Day, Employment Anniversary Celebrations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support in the implementation of programming and daily activities.
- Provide supervision and guidance of daily activities, field trips, and special activities.
- Perform observations, transitions, and daily documentation.
- Lead small groups of children.
- Communicate regularly with parents regarding development of children.
- Report any issues or concerns that may arise in accordance with proper procedures.
- Know, nurture, and develop the four (4) foundations of learning – Belonging, Well-being, Engagement, Expression into daily programming to ensure optimal learning and healthy development of the children.
What You Bring to the Role:
- An ECA certificate and/or minimum of two (2) years in a licensed child care setting.
- Experience with AQI, ELECT, How Does Learning Happen, and CCEYA.
- Confident and flexible in working with all age groups (Infants to School Age).
- Minimum of two (2) years caring for children within a child care centre.
- Ability to manage children with challenging behaviours and support the RECE in the classroom.
- Flexible availability from Monday to Friday between the hours of 7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Strong communication and ability to work well in stressful environments.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and an openness to feedback.
- A caring, nurturing, positive and energetic personality.
Centres for Early Learning is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to employment equity and the provision of fair and accessible employment practices under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for job applicants, where needed and upon request, to support their full participation in all aspects of the recruitment process. We encourage candidates requiring any support or accommodation to notify us at the time of application to ensure the provision of equal opportunities.