At Centres for Early Learning we know that parents play an important role in a child's learning and development. Pleae read below to better understand how you can be involved with your child's learning and development at our centres.
Security System Procedure:
How does it work?
- When anyone (visitor, parent, staff member, etc.) arrives at the centre, the entrance door will be locked. This is to prevent unauthorized persons from entering the premises.
- The “visitor” will press the call button/buzzer and all telephone sets will ring inside the centre.
- A designated staff will answer the door. The staff must ask, and verify, who is at the door before it can be unlocked.
- If you are picking up your child ensure that you give your name and the name of the child you are picking up. If the name is not familiar to the staff, you will be asked to wait a moment while someone authorizes you to enter.
- For child/staff security purposes please do not let anyone in behind you who is unfamiliar or unauthorized.
We look forward to your full support ensuring the added safety and security of the children in your centre.
Access and Equity Policy:
Centres for Early Learning is committed to serving the public in providing high quality childcare without bias or judgment to race, culture, religion, gender or abilities. We encourage the entire community to participate, and benefit fully from our services. Families, employees, students, volunteers and visitors all have the right to equal treatment regarding our services and work environment. It is our mandate to treat every individual with dignity and respect. Centres for Early Learning also adheres to the Human Rights Code of Ontario.
We strongly encourage parents and guardians to be actively involved in Centres for Early Learning Education Curriculum and activities. By doing this, we hope to enhance the partnership between parents, staff and management. Interested parents can act as a great resource by sharing their suggestions, ideas and advice, which will help us meet our goal of providing the highest quality services to all our families.
Parents are free to choose their level of involvement through the following opportunities:
- Volunteering your time to help on field trips – police reference check is required
- Bringing in special items relating to our Education Curriculum when appropriate, or coming in personally to talk with the children
- Becoming a member of the Parent Advisory Committee
- Dropping in any time to spend time with your child within his/her group
- Offering any type of suggestions and/or comments through our suggestion boxes or the Supervisor by completing our annual Parent Survey
- Participating in Curriculum Nights
- Participating in Parent Education sessions
- Communicating with our Early Childhood Educators on a daily basis regarding your child’s care and progress
- Participating in formal parent interviews to discuss your child’s development and Education Curriculum
- Participating in meetings, workshops and events reflecting cultures and interests of each centres’ clientele
We feel it is in the best interest of your child for you to take part in as many of these opportunities as possible, and we look forward to your participation. Parents will be notified of all opportunities to participate prior to these events.